2021: We’re coming for you!
We are expanding our footprint and looking for a likeminded people to join the Morris Legal Group team in multiple roles, including:
- – conveyancer
- – conveyancing clerk / paralegal / legal assistant
- – lawyer (2-4PQE) practising in property, construction and commercial law
If you’re right for this job, you will know exactly what it takes to work in a highly effective property team and you’re ready for this next adventure.
How we do it
We are tech-driven and client focussed. We hardcore leverage technology to automate tasks, make remote work dreamy, improve client experiences and make matter tracking flawless.
Best in class service to our clients and the profession is our absolute priority. And our aim is to make it as easy as possible for our team to deliver that promise.
We have been honing our systems to make the conveyancing process as easy as possible for us to deliver, while keeping our clients, agents and referrers informed and working with the other side, not against them.
This work continues every day and is a joint effort amongst our whole team.
At Morris Legal Group, we are not afraid to try things that law firms don’t usually go for. We work smart, rest up and play well.
Here are some things we were not afraid to try, which have stuck:
- 100% fixed fee matters with no time recording. At all. Ever.
- Leveraging technology and automation to improve task quality, client satisfaction and lawyer workload.
- Focus on client outcomes (ie, getting things done) rather than attendance (ie, looking like you’re getting things done).
- No office hours, no dress code.
- Work from home and flexible work arrangements, as it suits the individual.
If you’ve worked in a law firm before, you’ll know this is the dream. If you want to be part of this journey, read on!
The Roles: Conveyancing / Paralegal / Legal Assistant
We’re looking to welcome a part time or full team members to work in an conveyancing / administration paralegal role, who has experience in the legal services or other consulting industry.
To give you an idea, some tasks we need immediate assistance with include:
- contract preparation
- contract review
- settlement preparation
- client welcome and onboarding
- closing files
- misc office administration tasks
If you have the experience and are right for this role, we will work with you to find the best schedule for both of us.
View full details here (external link to Seek.com.au): Concveyancer / Paralegal / Administration Job in Canberra
The Roles: Lawyer (2-4PQE) – Property, Construction & Commercial
We are awarded and highly specialised in property, development and construction and we are looking for someone to join the family.
The cache of available work is varied and can respond to your skillset and interests. This work includes:
- Property purchases and sales – from private homes to multi-million dollar development sites and commercial buildings
- Commercial leases – from tenants opening their first business to managing leasing for shopping centres
- Property development – from concept to completion
- Construction matters – from contracts drafting and negotiation to contracts administration and risk management
- Structuring – from property joint ventures to going concerns and enterprises
Prompt responses, clear advice, a businesslike approach to all our tasks is what sets us apart in the market.
View full details here (external link to Seek.com.au): 2-4PQE Lawyer Job in Canberra
Who are we?
You can learn all about us here on our website, but here’s the sports page:
- Award-winning lawyers and law firm
- Market leading Canberra boutique
- Technology and automation are leveraged to make our lives easier and clients happier
- Focus on property, development, construction, wills and estates, tax, commercial and family law
- Clients include first home buyers through to ASX-listed property investors
- Transacted on over $850M in property since 2018 (average of $1.5M in property every single working day!)
- Fixed fees guaranteed: no timesheets ever and no BS
- COVIDSafe and remote enabled
- We really have the best clients, we just love them
At Morris Legal Group, you will find a workplace where you are trusted with your work and looked after today in a way that most law firms talk about implementing in the next 5-year strategic plan. We offer:
- Part time or full time, choose your own hours
- Opportunities to work on massive and important matters for substantial clients, from private builders & developers to ASX-listed companies
- Working arrangements are 100% flexible to suit your rhythm
- Leafy office in Kingston, ACT
- Remote work is encouraged
- Free parking for all staff
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with your experience
- Bonuses for exceptional results
- Plenty of supported learning and continuing professional development
- Generous leave entitlements
- Room for growth into the future
If you have what it takes, awesome! Your next steps are to:
- Dust of your CV
- Send an email to our Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with Seismic Direct in the subject line.
We look forward to seeing you soon!